Now, private practices can have the same protection as their corporate counterparts. The Lee County and Collier County Medical Societies have each united their members, creating two large, fully-insured entities under Florida Blue.
Offered through the Marion County Medical Society Insurance Trust Fund and supported by Leading Edge Benefit Advisors, LLC, these Multiple Employer Welfare Arrangements (MEWAs) has been used by eight other Florida medical societies to create similar, successful plans for their members. Results have been impressive, a trend expected to improve given the anticipated impacts of Health Reform.
TOGETHER, WE ALL BENEFIT:
- Enjoy Economies – By bringing practices together as a single large group, everyone benefits from large employer economies and flexibility – 11 medical plan designs are offered.
- Cost Management – Because of added flexibility in designing plan provisions, the program has numerous cost-saving measures to better control long-term cost.
- Smaller practices avoid the pitfalls of Health Reform (ACA) – Changes to the community rating system for small group plans make benefit management more cumbersome and costly for groups with less than 50 lives. The fully insured MEWA can help solve these challenges.
- Larger practices become even larger – the larger the number of participants in a health insurance plan the more predictable the claims and therefore the less volatile the premiums. Large claims have less overall impact as well. The plan is also very efficient in helping larger employers meet the health reform requirements. Numerous large practices participate in the MEWA today.
Everyone participates in the good years – Although fully insured, the program includes a large group premium sharing arrangement that mandates that a portion of the premium is returned to the society plan in good years – these funds can be used to further stabilize costs.
Welcome to the Hospitality Suite
As a professional in the hospitality industry, you’re accustomed to anticipating the needs of others. Now, there’s finally a solution specifically designed to meet yours. The Hospitality Suite is a turn-key employee benefits solution with plans and products hand-picked by industry leaders with hospitality in mind.
In partnership with the Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association (FRLA) and United Healthcare, this one-of-a-kind platform offers cost efficiency and solutions that meet the needs of your business and your employees. Key features include:
- FREE Benefits Technology Platform for FRLA Members
- Integrated Simply Engaged® Wellness Program
- Dedicated Inspired Service Team for Employee Assistance
- Exclusive Premium Discounts on United Healthcare Products
- Custom Lifestyle Based Benefit Bundles to Simplify Enrollment
In addition, members of the FRLA will receive exclusive savings on United Healthcare products, including medical, dental, life and disability plans, as well as resources and tools for Hispanic/Latino owners, operators and employees.
The Hospitality Suite is available to all businesses in the hospitality industry with 100+ full-time eligible employees who are members of the FRLA. If you’re not currently a member, don’t worry – we can help you with that too!